With patients in mind – and being patients ourselves – we have created a unique online service that offers useful information on fertility clinics abroad and egg donation treatment. Our mission is to support transparency of medical standards and pricing policies. We fully realize how hard acquiring essential information may turn out and how distressing unclear and unstable rules as well as insufficient communications with a IVF clinic may be. Having learnt a lot from our own experiences and amassed comments and suggestions from hundreds of other patients – we established an online service for those who are planning to start an egg donation program and need to know how to pick a fertility clinic with the highest success rates. We would like to make their life easier, reinforce their sense of security, and raise the level of their personal emotional comfort. We act on a premise that mutual trust as well as high quality and safety of medical services are all best guaranteed by clear clinic-patient communications on offerings and prices alike.
In order to assist others in making the right decisions we built the world’s largest database of fertility centers running in vitro programs with egg donation. Any IVF clinic providing perspicuous information on its standards, operations and costs involved is awarded a Trusted Clinic Certificate which proves its credibility.
You are welcome to use our website’s intuitive interface to browse overseas fertility centers of your interest by name, by city or by country of location, check up reviews of fertility clinics and clinics’ success rates
Each clinic’s profile contains very useful information about:
- Clinic’s offer and procedures it carries out (e.g. if a center provides gender selection or treatment for gay couples). The clinic’s description also provides information about fertility specialists, their experience and qualifications;
- IVF programs with either fresh or frozen eggs – along with treatment costs (so that you can know your options and plan your budget accordingly);
- Donor information provided to future parent-recipients (so that you may know on what grounds you can select a donor);
- Fertility Clinic’s reviews and ratings by its past patients (please note that adding an opinion of your own will help out those who may be considering this given clinic in the future).
The comparison tool allows patients to quickly confront offers of various IVF clinics – including detailed information on the success rates of centers, availability of procedures, pricing of services, conditions of donorship, accessibility of donor data, etc. It can effectively assist you in choosing a fertility clinic that matches your needs and expectations the most.
Advocating for transparency in egg donation infertility treatment, we have created a community of international patients who are looking for affordable fertility clinics abroad. We encourage international patients to share their experiences and lessons learnt, gained during undergoing infertility treatments. One of the website’s functions – Ask Community – provides practical tips concerning both donating and receiving eggs, and allows you to add new topics, ask questions, and clarify your doubts thanks to other users’ input and help.
Fertility clinics are also encouraged to share advice and undertake educational activities – the articles section contains various materials prepared by experts from around the globe. The section News is intended for those international patients who wish to read more about undergoing infertility treatments abroad, about fertility clinics’ success rates.
IVF fertility clinics – the process
For many infertile women, in vitro treatment with donor eggs is the only chance for maternity. The procedure may be adopted if:
- Patient does not have egg cells of her own – e.g. due to damaged or missing ovaries;
- Patient’s ovaries malfunction prematurely;
- Patient’s egg cells are of insufficient quality;
- Patient has been diagnosed as having a genetic defect;
- Patient has undergone multiple IVF programs – yet to no avail;
- Patient is over 40 years old.
Any healthy woman may become an egg donor – by giving her own egg cells voluntarily to a couple that is recommended to receive some.
Fertility centers – selection of donors
Any woman wishing to donate her egg cells to those in need is obliged to undergo a thorough qualification process. It might vary a little depending on a center. Usually, clinics establish basic limitations on candidate’s age and health – which are verified via a questionnaire at first. Talking to a few physicians and doing some medical examination may be mandatory, too – including hormonal, infection and genetic testing. A psychological interview is becoming more popular as a part of the routine as well. Once a candidate completes the entire qualification process positively, she is given all necessary paperwork to sign, receives ovary-stimulating medicines, and – at the right time – is subject to a standard egg collection – pick-up procedure.
Types of Egg Donation Programs
There are two types of IVF programs with donated eggs:
- IVF programs with fresh eggs that require the cycles of both a donor and a recipient to be synchronized – so appropriate arrangement of the entire treatment is vital. As no invasive procedures are involved here – such programs are often highly efficient (the success rate is about 40-60%). IVF programs with fresh eggs require the cycles of both donor and recipient to be synchronized
- IVF programs with frozen eggs allow more flexibility when it comes to planning. However, this type of program has certain limitations as well. Freezing and defrosting egg cells may lower their quality which in turn can slightly reduce the success rate of infertility treatments by 5 to 10%. Yet in most cases, infertility clinics have of rich experience and proper equipment, and are capable of neutralizing this issue successfully nowadays. IVF program with frozen eggs allow more flexibility when it comes to planning. However, this type of program has certain limitations as well.
In EggDonationFriends database you may find out which overseas infertility clinic performs which type(s) of program(s), to what extent effectively, and at what cost.
Fertility centers abroad – Program Timeframe
Egg cell recipients also should prepare themselves for IVF treatment with donor eggs – by undergoing necessary medical examination and testing. If no contraindications occur, a recipient may begin an egg program which is likely to consist of the following stages:
- Initial appointment with a fertility specialist;
- Donor selection (parent-recipients should be assisted by a physician or embryologist);
- Laboratory procedures (man deposits sperm to be used for donor’s eggs fertilization first – then embryos are cultured in the IVF lab);
- A patient and embryo transfer preparation (woman takes medicines which make her uterus ready for taking the embryos; the embryo transfer procedure may require a short stay in a fertility center).
If you are not sure whether you need to undergo an egg donation program, please consult an infertility specialist.
Fertility centers abroad
Undergoing an IVF treatment with donor eggs abroad has many advantages, as in numerous countries fertility clinics offer egg donation programs and professional medical care to a great deal of foreign patients. International couples, who decide to take a ‘pregnancy trip’ due to various reasons, are usually offered:
- Easier access to certain services (e.g. no waiting lists, etc.);
- Top notch infertility treatments at lower costs, than in the home country;
- Fertility clinics’ experience in the field of egg donation programs;
- IVF centers’ and fertility specialists’ internationally acclaimed reputation;
- The attractive geographic location of fertility centers, so treatment can be combined with some time off in a holiday hot spot
- The success rate of infertility treatment is higher than in national centers.
Before you make any final decisions concerning your treatment abroad, think which of the above factors matter for you the most and ask for details in more than one fertility clinic. What else is good to know?
- Legal regulations of a country of your choice – e.g. limitations on donating and receiving gametes, requirements to be met by donors, donorship anonymity regulations, procedures allowed within IVF programs, limitation on the number of children born thanks to a single donor, etc.
- Plan your travel and stay – find out the costs of travel, transfers and accommodations, check out where to seek help while your stay in a country, how to find your way around town, what places to see, etc.
- Local healthcare conditions and standards – Please note that infertility treatment (incl. egg donation programs) may lead to medical complications! As rare as they may be – it is highly advisable to know what aid you can count on in local hospitals. You may need to take specific medical documentation with you and/or purchase additional medical insurance prior to departure!
- The most trustworthy, prestigious and credible IVF clinics in a country – what the best fertility clinics are, the most reliable and/or offer the most affordable treatments
- Find out what other patients have to say (whether have already undergone the procedure or are just undergoing infertility treatments or IVF with donor eggs): Simply ask the community!
How to choose a fertility center
Choosing a fertility center to undergo infertility treatments is an important step! Before you take it, do consider a few things. Prior to selecting a clinic, please check:
- Fertility center’s overall experience in egg donation programs;
- Fertility specialists’ qualifications and experience as well as the clinic’s technological equipment;
- Whether the IVF clinic has its own egg cells bank or uses an external supply;
- How are egg donors evaluated/qualified (medical examination and verification);
- What sort of donors’ information is available to international patients;
- IVF clinic’s full offer, medical procedures availability and pricing options;
- Languages that are spoken by the clinic’s personnel;
- The success rates of egg donation programs that are achieved by the fertility clinic.
Thanks to EggDonationFriends.com you may reach most of the above information much easier – no matter where you want to go!
When contacting a IVF clinic for the first time it is good to ask how the entire treatment looks like, how many visits you will have to pay during your treatment and how long will each of step last, what medical procedures are in use there and what assistance a fertility center can provide to you (e.g. airport transfers, hotel booking, etc.).
Use our online comparison tool to easily parallel the offers of various IVF clinics abroad.
We hope that EggDonationFriends.com will help you choose the best ivf center that fully satisfies your needs and wants!