If you have been researching to find out the best places and best doctors to help with your IVF treatment, then surely one name has cropped up more than a few times, and that name is Dr. Savas Ozyigit of the North Cyprus IVF Center. Having a wealth of experience Dr. Ozyigit knows what he is talking about when it comes to IVF treatment, and he can talk about it in three different languages, Greek, Turkish and English. Having authored books, scientific articles and chapters in books he wrote a chapter on Egg Donation in the first-ever IVF textbook that was published in Turkey; it is no wonder he is a member of both the ESHRE (European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology) and ASRM (American Society of Reproductive Medicine) and he has been since 2009.
Founding the North Cyprus IVF Center in 2001 Dr Ozyigit understood the need for an IVF clinic and wanted to help women and men alike achieve their dreams of becoming parents. The North Cyprus IVF Center is the oldest clinic in Cyprus and the one with the best reputation, helped in part by Dr Ozyigit, thanks to his stellar reputation as an expert in his field, who serves as Director.
IVF and Egg Donation in North Cyprus IVF Center
Situated in Kumsal-Nicosia 2 km from the nearest hotel and town center and 20 km from the airport, of which the North Cyprus IVF Center has a pick-up service for, is responsible for over 1,650 IVF cycles yearly and has a 73% success rate, which is the highest in the region and is higher than the world average.
Their high success rate is down to a very particular plan they adhere to when it comes to egg donation, what the clinic calls “Recipe for Success”:
- Due to its location and all the colleges and universities in Cyprus there are a lot of young people in the area and this is step 1 of the process. Whereas most clinics have a high age limit on egg donors the North Cyprus IVF Center is very strict, each donor is between the ages of 19 and 25 and all donors are in good health ensuring that each egg is from a young and healthy donor.
- All donors are able to donate eggs up to five times, however, if the IVF fails with one of a donor’s eggs then that donor is no longer able to donate, thus ensuring that all eggs are very fertile.
- To ensure the health and fertility of the donor they go through a very thorough screening process that adheres to the ESHRE criteria for testing.
- Whereas most European clinics have legal limitations as to how many embryos they can transfer the North Cyprus IVF Center has so such limitation and will transfer up to 3 in one cycle, thus ensuring a greater chance of success.
- Lastly, they use a MicroFluidic Chip, a procedure that separates the good and healthy sperm from the not so healthy sperm to ensure that everything involved in the process is near perfect. This process is only available at selected clinics and is ground-breaking technology and when combined with their embryo scope, which allows for better monitoring of embryos to ensure that only the highest quality are picked, and ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology they have some truly fantastic equipment.
Some of the treatments available are:
- ICSI – (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) which is where a single sperm cell is injected directly into the cytoplasm of the egg skipping the acrosome reaction, most clinics report a 70-85% success rate with this form of treatment, it is used mainly when analysis of the sperm comes back as abnormal, with women who have had numerous failed attempts with traditional IVF, where there is a presence of sperm antibodies or when there is a low number of oocytes (an oocyte is a cell in an ovary that may undergo meiotic division to form into an ovum) and fertilisation can be determined in 16-18 hours.
- Embryo Transfer – where embryos are transferred into the uterus in order to establish a pregnancy.
- IUI – (Intrauterine Insemination). This is where sperm is placed inside a woman’s uterus in order to enable fertilisation, it is used to increase the number of sperm that reach the fallopian tubes.
As always, discuss with your fertility specialist which treatment will be best for you.
Lest we forget, the North Cyprus IVF Center moved from their old building to a new one in order to help patients feel more comfortable, with an entertainment room and relaxation offers available such as massage, meditation and yoga.
So if there’s one thing you can take away from all of this, it’s that the North Cyprus IVF Center truly cares about their patients and their desire to have a baby, combined with their success rates, affordable prices and friendly staff, surely they should be the clinic for you.